Sunday, April 5, 2009

We wanted to try this recipe from Aunt Robin out of the family cook book because the girls said she always made really good muffins.  They were so yummy we had to make a second batch before breakfast was over.  We made a couple of changes and they were divine. 





LIL' CITRUS MUFFINS
1 c. flour(we used Whole wheat)
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/8 tsp. salt
 1/4 tsp. soda
1/4 c. butter softened (we didn't use this)
 2/3 c. sugar (we used agave I think                                                                                                             you could use honey)
1 egg
1/2 c. sour cream (we used low fat)
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 tsp lime zest
1 tsp lemon zest
Mix all ingredients, then mix in zest.  Put in mini muffin pan.  Bake at 375 for 12-13 min.  While still warm dip tops in butter, then roll in sugar.  We skipped this but Abby made a lemon glaze with lemon juice and powdered sugar to put on top.  Yum typing this makes me want to make these again.  I don't know why but this pregnancy I want anything lemon or lime.  Not chocolate. Weird.

No comments: